马克丁王国
欢迎来到马克丁王国

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

马克丁王国
欢迎来到马克丁王国
马克丁王国
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XI Online

向下

Final Fantasy XI Online Empty Final Fantasy XI Online

帖子 由 ShinjiLeang 周六 五月 23, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm a fan of Online Games, in another words its called MMORPG( MASS MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME). I'm always invited for beta testing or closed server for online games before they are released. Although there is no pay, but i love doing it. Since there is a section under Online Games, i thought i will introduce my F***OURITE online game of all. FINAL FANTASY XI ONLINE.

The title "Final Fantasy" is no mystery to any gamers in any part of the world. The company "SquareEnix" ( it was called Squaresoft before merging with Enix because of the Final Fantasy Movie which caused them to almost bankrupt) is the only company in the gaming world that is able to make life-like characters. Although Final Fantasy is very famous, but only a handful from Malaysia had ever played FINAL FANTASY XI. Well in my opinion, the main factor is that PIRATED CDS. Most malaysian plays SquareEnix's games in pirated cd's. To play Final Fantasy XI you will need to get original CD's and the CD keys which cost around RM300. Final Fantasy XI was not only playable on PS2 but was also for PC.

Ranging from many classes of jobs to choose, you are able to use all provided you meet the correct requirements. This is the first online game that by *** a character, you can play all types of job without recreating a new character. Why SquareEnix made the game this way you might ask. Final Fantasy has a unique Job System. There is a main job and a sub job. By combining a main job and a sub job you will gain special attributes. For example, if you choose Red Mage as your main job and a White mage as your sub job, you will not only gain white mages spells but you will gain special traits like immune to silence.
Each Job has unique abilities, which must be activated by player in order to come into effect, last a limited time, and have a cooldown period before they can be used again; traits, which are passive abilities that are always in effect; and a special “2-hour” ability that performs some extraordinary function and has an extraordinary 2 hour long cooldown period to go with it. Players are able to change their jobs any time they wish inside their Mog House or Rent-A-Room.
Players are able to choose from 20 different jobs.

Warrior - Specializing in the arts of battle especially in the aspects of melee combat

Monk - with their bodies that double as deadly weapons

White Mage - armed with efficient recovery spells;

Red Mage - Jack of all trades ( skilled in both melee and magic and enfeeble attacks)

Black Mage - devastating magic attacks spells

Thief - specializing in covert actions

Paladin – Specialize in close range combat but with high defence (normally a Tank).

Dark Knight –Powerful melee Damage Dealers.

Beastmaster – Able to charm monsters or beast to fight alongside with them.

Ranger – Bow and Arrow. Highest Range damager in the game but the most expensive class to be used.

Bard – *** stats Booster.

Summoner –able to summon ***ATARS to assist in combat.

Samurai – Mastery in skill chains.

Ninja – High Evasion and extraordinary jumping skills *** an ideal job for tanking.

Blue Mage – Able to master enemy’s attacks and use them in combat.

Corsair – Using Hexagun as their main weapon, they are able to use their luck-based abilities to increase the odds of the entire party.

Puppetmaster – By using customizable puppet known as automaton, they confound their enemies.

Dancers – They are healers that can also benefit the party through their enfeebling monsters skills.

Scholar – Ablility to wield dual schools of magic.

For crafting and hobbies, players are able to earn money through them. Every MMORPG have an industrial job to earn more money in game to purchase better equipments. But for Final Fantasy XI, aside the normal crafting jobs like fishing, cooking, mining, weaving or armour ***, there are gardening , breeding Chocobos and also Chocobo racing.

The Game economy relies heavily on Auction House where putting an item up for sale for players to bid. Many games had copied this way of selling items especially WOW (World of Warcraft) because it’s very convenient for players. They only need to put the item up for bidding for a certain price and they can go off doing the things they want in the game or even or even go offline. Of course there is also a conventional way of selling items which is vending (open shop).

There are 5 races to choose from which gives different attributes and stats. For races, you have to recreate another character if you wish to change.

Elvaan – Resembles elf race. Strong Melee fighters, reasonable healers but weak in black magics.

Hume – Human like characters. No notable strength and weakness

Galka – an a***ual race resembling males. Strong and tough fighters but weak in magics.

Mithra – Cat-like humanoids, female characters only. Agile and dexerous but weak in charisma.

Tarutaru- tiny cute characters. Incredible power in magic skills but physically weak.

Gameplay is special unlike most MMORPG, Final Fantasy is mostly based on Macroing. Most of the games in the market, to utilize a skill you need to set a skill in your quick tab where you press a key to activate it. But for Final Fantasy, you need to key in commands into the hot key tabs. The downside you need to know commands and it is a hassle to type. The Good side is that a hot key is actually several skills at once. For example, if you keyed in the correct commands in a hot key, when you activate it, 3 or 4 skills will be able to activate instead of only one like most MMORPG.

Final Fantasy is a party played game. Unlike most games you can go solo, but in final fantasy it’s impossible. Starting from lvl 4 you will have to party if you want to further explore the world. Therefore there are is a party search system where you just need to activate “Looking for ***” and people will whisper you for party. Creating a party is also similar. Beats shouting in the game “I AM LOOKING FOR PARTY FOR HUNTING” anytime. Besides that, During battling with monsters the correct skills chains by party members will trigger a renge which is a special party attacks. Different way of skill chaining will lead to different renge. And to end the renge, magic attacks characters will end with a magic Burst which is an additional attack after renge.

Apart from that, there are many quests to be done in the game. Quests are divided to 2 types which is the fame quest and the normal ones. Fame quests normally done for fame and fame will lead to you to better item quests. And Fame quest is essential for Summoner job, to collect ***ATAR from different towns. There are also Mission quests which tells the story line of the game. You will see a lot of great scene and unravelled an awesome storyline behind it.

The Moghouse is basically you home in Final Fantasy where you can decorate it with furnitures. Adding the correct elements of furniture will increase attributes for your characters itself.

I personally love the player inte***ce. Before Entering the Final Fantasy World, you will enter a program created from squareenix called PLAYONLINE. From here you can play card games with others, e-mailing, chatting, forming, send pictures or postcards, Read Newspaper from the Final Fantasy World. It’s very interactive and the best I have seen yet
ShinjiLeang
ShinjiLeang
初考书生
初考书生

帖子数 : 77
积分 : 102
注册日期 : 09-04-22

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限:
不能在这个论坛回复主题